Sunday 16 June 2013

Showcase Sunday #23

 
Inspired by Celine from Nyx Book Reviews, I've decided to combine several weekly wrap-up memes into one post. Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. Stacking the Shelves is hosted at Tynga's Reviews, and Sunday Post is hosted at Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Letterbox Love is a special British book-haul meme hosted by Lindsey at Narratively Speaking.


Last Week:

It's been quite a busy week for me, but have also been getting a lot of great ideas for the book I'm writing (why do ideas always come when we're busy?), so I'm looking forward to getting to those scenes. :-) We're also searching for a new flat/house, and have seen a few places but nothing that's really wowed us yet, so wish us luck!

Last week's posts:

Book Review - Supernatural Freak, by Louisa Klein

Book Review - Magic: An Anthology of the Esoteric and Arcane, edited by Jonathan Oliver

Poetry Book Review -  Scarred Canvas, by R C Edrington

The Fantasy Assassin (on Fantasy Faction)


New Goodies:



Thanks to the author, and Hannah of Once Upon a Time 
for sending me the review copy!


Midsummer Magic, by Julia Williams
99p on kindle. Looked intriguing!


Dark Eden, by Chris Beckett
Kindle daily deal. 2013 Clarke Award winner!



Hope you all had a lovely week! Did you get any new goodies? :-)



 

9 comments:

  1. No goodies this week. Too much money spent on my vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, where are you going? :-D Hope you have a fantastic time!

      Delete
    2. Or had a fantastic time, if you're back from it now. :-)

      Delete
  2. I've seen lots of other bloggers with Dark Eden and it looks really interesting. Happy reading! :)

    My SS: http://www.bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/im-back-showcase-sunday-27.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks intriguing and a bit different, and I've really enjoyed Clarke Award winners in the past. So I have high hopes! :-)

      Delete
  3. The Clockwork Bluebird looks interesting. I haven't heard of that one before.

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice... I think I am going to have to check out The Clockwork Bluebird. Enjoy your week. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sundays Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover on the Clockwork Bluebird. Good luck house hunting and on those writing ideas! Have a wonderful week Victoria! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Midsummer Magic tooo, mine's a review copy though so more pressure *gulp* but it sounds like it has a bit of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete