Sunday 3 March 2013

Showcase Sunday #8



Inspired by Celine from Nyx Book Reviews, I've decided to combine several weekly wrap-up memes into one post. Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. Stacking the Shelves is hosted at Tynga's Reviews, and Sunday Post is hosted at Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Letterbox Love is a special British book-haul meme hosted by Lindsey at Narratively Speaking.


Last Week on the Blog:

Book Review - Bitten, by Kelley Armstrong

Book Series Review - The Night's Dawn, by Peter F Hamilton

Romances that Melt the Ice, and Giveaway!

Top Ten Auto Buy Authors

Review Copy Clean Up - Wrap Up Post


New Books:


Thanks to Harlequin, NetGalley, and Anachron Press for review copies, and to Project Gutenberg for the free book (Carnacki)!

The Eternity Cure
Carnacki the Ghost Finder
Urban Occult


Other Stuff:

Emma Newman, author of Between Two Thorns, has written a short story set in the Split Worlds using one of my prompts! You can read it here.

Why not visit her blog and suggest a prompt of your own? If she likes it, she may use it in a story!

 

20 comments:

  1. So jealous that you have The Eternity Cure as I loved The Immortal Rules! Hope you enjoy it :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/showcase-sunday-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul. I am so excited for The Eternity Cure to be out. Happy reading..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) I'm really looking forward to reading it!

      Delete
  3. Victoria I love the covers on your haul this week. The Occult one looks so interesting! Hope you have a wonderful week, I am off to see what reviews I missed! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) Urban Occult looks really good, and has some great writers in it. I like to have anthologies to read as well as novels!

      Delete
  4. I really need to read a Julie Kagawa book, everyone seems to be getting The Eternity Cure! Happy reading :)

    My SS: http://www.bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/showcase-sunday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you should, her books are really good! :-) Hehe, it does seem like everyone's getting The Eternity Cure doesn't it? :-)

      Delete
  5. I'll have to check out the Emma Newman story; I read Between Two Thorns last week and although it took a while to click I ending up absolutely loving the characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the characters were the really big strength of the book for me too, though I did also love the world and the feel of the magic. :-)

      Delete
  6. I got The Eternity Cure, too. Really looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy your reads. :D :D

    Julie@Bookaroo-Ju

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I plan to start on Kagawa's books soon.

    Happy reading, thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) Kagawa's books are great, well worth a read!

      Delete
  8. I can't wait for The eternity cure! I loved The immortal rules. Happy reading! :)

    Haul - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read The Iron Fey series by Kagawa but this new series seems great too. I hope you enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! You got The Eternity Cure! Devour it!

    ...and enjoy your other goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you'll have a few great books waiting for you to pick up. :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Urban Occult has a very cool cover. I'll have to check that one out! The Eternity Cure turned out to be a strange one for me. I liked it, but I didn't love it nearly as much as the first. Hope you enjoy it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll need to check out the Eternity Cure - everyone seems to got it this week *.* I hope you enjoy it, though, and I hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete