Sunday 10 February 2013

Wicked Valentine's Read-a-thon Mini Challenges



The Wicked Valentine's Read-a-thon is a 7-day reading event hosted by My Shelf Confessions. There are mini-challenges every day, hosted by different blogs, and lots of lovely prizes to be won!

Sunday


Today's mini-challenge is hosted at Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.


The challenge is to pick a dress, a date, and a means of transportation from different book covers.

I don't even want to tell you how long I spent poring over book covers for my dress choice. Much longer than I spent on the date, anyway!

Dress - From the cover of Everneath. This dress is gorgeous, and looks very easy to dance and swirl in.


Date - Alistair, from Dragon Age (the guy on the right). Hehe, so I'm cheating a bit because this is really a video game character, not a book character. But look, he's on the cover of a book! So it totally counts. And I can't pass up the opportunity to go to a ball with him can I? He's technically royalty, after all. Besides, you know he'd be a lot of fun, and would be making people laugh all night. Unfortunately I don't think the artwork captures him very well at all here, but it's the best I had.


Transportation - Considering the choice of date, nothing that swoops. Cos swooping would be bad. So we will be arriving in... Howl's Moving Castle! That's quite the entrance. :-D


Monday


Lines of Love: Today's challenge is hosted at My Shelf Confessions. The rules are to roll four dice and add the scores to get a sentence number. Then alter the sentence to make it as romantic as possible. You don't have to use the whole quote, and you can add words, but you can only add half the amount of words from the full quote.

Here's my random sentence:

 "Around him the world was cloaked in swirling clouds, low and grey and heavy with moisture."

16 words, so I can add another 8. And I don't have to use the full quote. Okay, here goes:

They kissed, cloaked in swirling clouds of petals, under the dew-soaked blossoms heavy with moisture.


12 comments:

  1. I have always loved that Everneath Dress and what a transportation, my my!

    My Ball preparations are here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks. Oh I LOVE your dress choice! So pretty :-)

      Delete
  2. *laughing her head off* My goodness, girl, now THAT'S a transportation. I didn't know this cover for HMC, it looks so dark and scary. You should totally have invited Howl to the ball, he'll have one of those slimy tantrums if he founds out you used his castle but didn't took him to the party. Just saying. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh you're right, green slime for everyone! xD I thought about bringing Howl as the date, but I couldn't do that to Sophie, hehe (yes characters in books are that real to me!), so I settled for his castle instead. Yep, I'll have to ask for an invite for him and Sophie too, otherwise there will be wizardly trouble!

      Delete
  3. Too awesome. That would totally been my pick of dress and transportation too haha. Howl's Moving Castle is the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? :-) And if you needed some fresh air while at the ball, you could just go back to the castle, twist the doorknob, and then have a lovely field of flowers to walk in.

      Delete
  4. LOL, I love the idea of traveling by moving castle :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your transport..some of you came up with some wicked ideas and oh yes to the dress...you look smashing in red darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sentence :D And I haven't seen this version of Howl's Moving Castle, but looks awesome :D And the dress is lovely, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-D
      It's a really old version, and the one I have on my shelf. I like it, as I think it's the only one that shows the castle floating like it does in the story. Though it does make the book look much darker than it is and doesn't really capture the romance. I really like the cover of your version too, it looks so magical and fun! :-)

      Delete